Uggs are very comfortable boots of the sheepskin. They are practical, warm and stylish. First of all, the owners of this shoe should know how to clean the ugg boots at home.
After all, the improper care leads to loss of shoes’ attractive appearance, change of their shape or covering with unpleasant stains. Therefore, the question is very urgent: how to clean the ugg boots from dirt? There are several ways.
Cleaning uggs with a water
The most accessible and affordable way to clean the ugg from dirt is to wash them with water. Socks and heels are the most sensitive areas. After preparing it, you can clean it additionally.
The ways how to clean ugg:
- Soak a soft sponge in cold water and lightly moisten the shoe surface.
- Wipe the boots with a sponge.
- Change the water several times to avoid stains and blemishes.
- After the task is completed, fill up the uggs with newspapers, and put it to dry.
Please note! It is prohibited to strongly wet the shoe surface because it can lose its shape.
It is also possible to wash ugg with vinegar. For this:
- Make a solution consisting of 4 tbsp. l. vinegar and 5 tbsp. l. water.
- Wipe the prepared boots with a sponge soaked in a solution.
- Leave the shoes to dry for a little bit.
- Then, wipe it with a sponge soaked in cold water and dry with the help of newspapers.
To remove grease stains from ugg shoes, follow the instructions:
- Take refined gasoline and starch.
- Make a gruel of these ingredients.
- Put it on the stain and allow it to dry out.
- Remove excess with a sponge.
- Shake off the leftovers and leave the shoes in the fresh air.
Important! The fur inside can also be cleaned this way, but with a mixture of soda and starch in a ratio of 1: 2. Apply the mix to the shoes for 30 minutes.
Cleaning uggs from salt
In winter, streets are often sprinkled with salt. That is done for people not to slip and fall on ice. But when thawing, ice mixes with road mud and this combination damage your shoes. You can clean the uggs from salt in two ways: by water, as described above, and by using a mixture of vinegar and ammonia.
To clean the uggs in a second way, follow the next steps:
- Take 3% vinegar and ammonia in a ratio of one to one.
- Soak the brush in this solution and wipe the places affected by salt.
- Dry your shoes and leave it in fresh air to get rid of an unpleasant smell.
Please note! Sometimes it is advised to clean the ugg from the salt with dishwashing detergents or with soap. Remember that this is strictly forbidden! The material is very delicate and you can not to get rid of dirt of your favorite shoes, but also spoil it. Restore such effects will help of the gruel made from mixed powder and water.
Disinfection and prevention
When your favorite shoes are completely dry, it would be good to disinfect them. Sheepskin inside the ugg easily absorbs different odors and keeps them for a long time.
The following recipe is considered to be perfect for disinfection:
- Mix 3 tbsp. l. corn flour with 2 tbsp. l. baking soda or salt.
- Sprinkle the mixture inside the shoes.
- After a few minutes, quickly shake out the mixture.
Keep in mind! You can also use deodorants or fresheners for shoes. For preventive maintenance use impregnation for suede footwear which protects it from dust and dirt.
If you want your ugg shoes to gave you warmth and comfort, follow our advice and take care of them orderly. And then even the most severe frost will not make you stay at home, and your feet will not freeze.