A few decades ago, a rarely seen nubuck footwear was considered to be a sign of prosperity. Today, boots and sandals released under the Timberland brand are the universal and spread around the world pair of shoes. However, not everyone knows how to clean Timberlands without a kit, so that they last longer. In fact, care is not complicated but requires some knowledge and effort.
Traditional sprays and brushes are entirely not suitable in our case. Therefore, before cleaning the nubuck shoes from dirt, you should buy special tools.
- Two-sided brush with “rubber papillae” and metal villi. It effectively removes dirt from the nubuck without any consequences.
- Eraser is an excellent alternative to a bristle tool. It is a great helper if you want to get rid of minor stains and dirt on light shoes.
- As a rule, thorough cleansing with a special shampoo has to be carried out for a couple of times during a year.
- It is needed to protect shoes from the effects of snow and rain. Apply it much earlier before going out to the street because the complete absorption is necessary.
Primary processing of Timberland boots
Strange as it may sound, Timberlands need to be cleaned before going out, even if there is not even a speck of dust. First, the surface is covered with a special brush, and then imbibition is applied for three times with interruptions for absorption. The next day, shoes can be worn. Specialists recommend repeating this treatment during a thaw or in rainy weather.
Cleaning of wet Timberland boots
It is highly undesirable to clean raw or wet Timberlands. First, leave your shoes to dry naturally or use an appropriate dryer. It is forbidden to dry Timberlands near heating devices or batteries. Later the treatment is carried out in the usual way.
Removing of dirt and stubborn mud stains
Any footwear loses its appeal due to dirt. Sometimes even a special brush will not solve the problem. In exceptional cases, it is needed to use a sponge and water with the addition of a few drops of ammonia. Hydrochloric divorces, often appearing in winter, can be removed the same way. A wet sponge absorbs dirt very well and cleans shoes. To straighten the nubuck pile after these ruthless steps, you need to hold it above the steam. After that apply a spray.
Folk methods for cleaning timberlands
If you want to clean timberlands without a kit, and the situation is urgent, then folk methods will come to the rescue. There are several proven methods for cleaning timberland boots.
- Nine percent vinegar (tablespoon) should be diluted with a liter of water, then moisten the fleece in it and wipe the shoes in the direction of the nap. You can also make a solution of ammonia (one to four). After processing, the nubuck is dried, held over steam, combed with a brush and sprayed, if available.
- Black bread, perhaps, is practically at all houses. This is the one who will save you from dirt or scuffs, especially from salt stains. You need to take dry crusts of black bread and wipe the dirty places. After the crumb is removed, and the nap is put in order.
- The coffee grounds are perfect for Timberlands of dark colors. It is good in cleaning, and moreover, it will update the color. Remnants of strongly brewed natural coffee would be the most suitable variant. The gruel is put on the damaged areas for several minutes. The mixture must be absorbed and dried. It can easily be removed with a brush with metal teeth.
If you want your favorite boots to serve as long as possible, you have to remember about proper ways of Timberlands cleaning and some features of storage.
- Do not remove dirt from a wet surface.
- Avoid water and soap, only a damp sponge is allowed.
- Do not dry the boots on battery or near heaters.
- Do not use cleansing creams for the skin because it spoils the velvety pile.
- Do not store shoes in plastic bags; it is better to store in boxes.
Do not refuse Timberland footwear – it’s so beautiful and comfortable. Simple tips can significantly prolong shoes’ life, so do not neglect and ignore these rules.