Proper care of the hearing aids is a guarantee of its long and reliable operation. Cleanliness and dryness ensure excellent sound quality. Do not be afraid that the list of rules for a hearing aid caring seems to be too complicated and confusing. In fact, it is easy to get used, and after a while, these tips become a necessary part of a daily routine.
- Clean the hearing aid with a soft, dry cloth. Do not wash the hearing aid with water or other liquids.
- If the sound output of the hearing aid is moist or clogged with earwax, remove the clogging using special cleaning supplies. Humidity is eliminated with the help of a blowing can.
- Turn off the device when you do not use it. If you are not going to use it for a long time, remove the battery, which should be stored in a cool, dry place.
- Do not expose the hearing aid to high temperatures or high humidity.
- Remove the hearing aid before taking a bath / shower. Never use a hairdryer or hairspray while wearing a hearing aid. Visiting a physiotherapist, avoid ultraviolet rays’ exposure on your hearing aid.
Care of the earmould
- Carefully remove the tube connecting the earmould and the hearing aid from the horn of the device.
- Place the earmould together with the connecting tube in a bowl with an effervescent solution (tablets for cleaning the earmould + water). Leave it for 2 hours or even more to eliminate dirt and earwax.
- After, rinse the earmould in warm running water.
- Wipe the ear-tip with a soft, dry cloth. Dry the ear canal with a blowing can.
- At night, put the earmould on a soft, dry cloth and let it dry. The vent hole of the earmould sound should be located face down to eliminate all moisture remains. Before re-attaching the tube and the earmould to the hearing aid, you have to make sure that these parts are dry. Water or moisture can block the passage of sound. Therefore, it is important to remove moisture from the ear insert and the connecting tube with the help of a blowing can regularly.
- Connect the handset and earmould to the hearing aid
- The plastic tube should always be soft and elastic. If it has become yellow or stiff, replace it.
- After applying the earmould and placing the hearing aid behind your ear, turn on the mechanism.
Care of the in-air and deep-channel apparatus and apparatus with a receiver
To prevent the earwax from entering the sound outlet, a sulfur filter is used on the in-ear, deep-channel hearing aids and earplugs with the receiver. The filter looks like a small plastic nozzle that attaches to the sound output of the hearing aid.
Using an in-ear, deep-channel hearing aid and receiver earmould, equipped with a particular filter to protect the machine from earwax, it is important to regularly clean the area around the filter and, if necessary, change this part. Cleaning is carried out with the help of special accessories for the device care.