There are many instructions on the Internet of cleaning the charging port of the phone, but many of them are about the blowing with compressed air. In spite of many manufacturers do not recommend this.
Fortunately, this procedure of cleaning a charging port does not require any major expenses.
Here is what you need:
- Flashlight is the most important thing, which helps find out whether everything is cleaned completely.
- Toothpick is the tool for cleaning the charging socket of the phone.
- Wadded (cotton) disc (optional) is for softening the tip of the toothpick to protect the charging socket from unpredictable damages.
- Patience is the primary “tool” needed throughout the whole cleaning process.
What to do to clean the phone’s charging port
- Step 1. Turn off the phone.
- Step 2. Twist a small amount of cotton (cotton yarn) on the tip of the toothpick. Press the villi.
- Step 3. Locate the phone that the charging port is on top. Put the toothpick inside.
- Step 4. Slowly scrap out the dust and dirt accumulated in the smartphone charging port.
- Step 5. Repeat the movement until the port is completely clean (check it using the flashlight).